If you are not tech-savvy then adding a Facebook pixel to Shopify can be a little intimidating for you. If you are also wondering how to add a Facebook pixel to Shopify then this article is perfect for you.
What is a Facebook pixel?
Facebook pixel is a set of code that is added to Shopify to track the activity of the visitors. This Facebook pixel code gathers the relevant information regarding the action of the visitor and informs the Shopify admin about it.
The actions that are tracked are called ‘standard events’ and some of them are:
- payment info
- Cart items
- Add to wishlist
- Searched items on the website
Facebook pixel Shopify is very helpful while curating a strategy for your marketing. You can get a clear idea about your targeted audience. It ensures that you are targeting potential customers with your ads and social campaigns.
Facebook pixel code is a strong tool for gaining more audience and hiking your sales.
How to create a Facebook pixel for a Shopify store?
Before you add a pixel to Shopify you should learn how to set up a Facebook pixel. To install Facebook pixel on Shopify you just need to follow these steps.
- Go to the events manager of your Facebook account.
- Tap on Connect Data Sources and choose the web.
- Choose Facebook Pixel and click Connect.
- Tap continue and add the name to your pixel.
- Now enter your website URL. Facebook is an integration partner of Shopify so the setup will complete instantly.
Where is the Facebook pixel in Shopify?
You can easily find your Facebook pixel in Shopify. Go to the events manager. Select your Business Account and you will find your Facebook ID under Data Sources.
How to add a Facebook pixel to Shopify
If you are wondering how to add pixels to Shopify manually or through integration then you can follow these 3 easy methods.
1. Add a Facebook pixel to Shopify using integration
This is the easiest method to connect pixels to Shopify. You will not need any assistance with these. Just carefully follow the steps.
- Open Shopify admin and select Facebook in the Sales channel section.
- Select Data sharing settings in the settings menu.
- Move to the Customer data-sharing section and enable the toggle for data sharing.
- Choose your pixel from the list and confirm. Your Facebook pixel Shopify is not connected.
2. Connect Facebook pixel to Shopify manually
If you know even the basics of HTML you can manually add a Facebook pixel to Shopify. Just follow this to connect Facebook pixel Shopify.
- Move to the ‘event manager’ and select the pixel you want to add.
- Select Continue Pixel Setup.
- Tap on Install code manually and copy the Facebook pixel code.
- Find header or <head> </head> in the HTML code.
- You can also locate the header template in the given web platform or CMS.
- Paste the Facebook pixel code between <head> and </head> and you are done.
3. Connect to freelance web developer
If you have a freelance Shopify developer in your team then you should not worry at all and assign him this task.
But what if you don’t have a developer. In that case, you can connect to a freelance Shopify developer and give him access to connect Facebook pixel Shopify.
- Move to the events manager and select the pixel you want to add.
- Select Continue Pixel Setup and Choose Email Instructions.
- Enter the email id of your freelance web developer and hit the send button.
Your developer can now access your Facebook pixel Shopify column and he can easily add the Facebook pixel to Shopify. You can check if it’s working or not using Facebook Pixel Helper.
Facebook Pixel Helper is also useful in fixing troubleshoot errors and improving pixel performance.
What if the Shopify Facebook pixel is not working?
While using Facebook pixel Shopify you may find some common errors like:
- Facebook Pixel not loading
- event code doesn’t match
- Pixel activated multiple times
- Pixel is not paired with product catalogs
- Facebook Pixel takes too long to load
- You Have Opted Out of Tracking
These issues are common when Shopify Facebook pixel is not working. Chrome extension of Facebook Pixel Helper is a one-stop easy solution for all of them. But even then if the issue doesn’t resolve you can seek the assistance of a freelance web developer.
Once your Facebook Pixel Shopify is set you can make strategies as per its results. Use it to get the most out of it and expand your sales.
Meta: Connecting Facebook pixel Shopify is very easy. It can be achieved through these steps. You can use integration to add Facebook pixel to Shopify.